Saturday, June 10, 2006

Back to JG

Reinspired today by Mathstitcher, I picked up JG again and worked on one of the crane cameos. No photos yet (I know that no longer comes as a shock to anyone actually reading this blog).

Now I have a dilemma. I wanted to use Rajmahal art silk for the black of the cameo, but two strands does not cover enough to tent and I wanted to tent. The art silk, being part rayon, makes me want to pull my hair out. I do not like the appearance of the black npi when compared to the art silk, even though the tenting goes much faster (when I don't make a mistake--there was much frogging today). If I tent, I don't think the cranes will look right, especially their legs. If I go back to the art silk and use four strands and use a wet towel to try to control it, will I run out? And what do I do since the store from which I purchased the art silk no longer carries it?

My plan right now is to use the art silk and tent with four strands only the background of the cameo. Then I will uses full crosses for the cranes. Maybe I should stitch the cranes first.

I do love JG. I really hope to finish it this year, but it doesn't look good at this rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home