Thursday, June 08, 2006

Rationale for a purchase.

I recently bought the HAED quick stitch design "Our Angel" by Sarah Butcher. It is unusual for me because I'm not really an angel person. (Wow that is so true on many levels.)

Everything about this piece reminds me of those fleeting moments of joy and sadness and the discovery of my most recent pregnancy and it's end. That image says both hello and good bye for me, love and sorrow, longing and peace. It is in her posture, the way she cups the heart, so close to her womb.

It was released just around the time I miscarried and though I know that is not what the work is about, it just completely seemed to sum up my feelings.

Anyway, I just wanted to note somewhere, why I purchased this design. Someday I will look at this design and wonder why the heck I bought an angel. This is why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home