Sunday, January 21, 2007

Catching up on the SBQ

I'm simply terrible about consistently doing this meme.

From January 18:

Have you had a happy dance yet this year? If so, tell us about it! (Or
just point to the entry that talks about it.) If not, when do you
predict it will be?


No Happy Dances yet, other than the finishing (mostly) of MX part 1 (which I failed to post about or post a picture-duh).

I should have a tiny happy dance this weekend when I stitch some ornaments and I'm hoping to have Snow Crystal done by the 31st of this month so I can have a nice sized happy dance.

From January 10th:

Do you dream of running your own LNS/ONS? If so, tell us about your
dream. If not, tell us about your cross stitch dream:… maybe you dream
of designing, dyeing your own floss or fabric, etc.


Absolutely. When things get tough at work, I just say, "Craft Store!" either aloud in only in my head. I've been saying it aloud more frequently lately, which is making the clerk in my courtroom rather nervous.

I'd love to have my own store with my friend Cathy (whether she wants to or not) and I would stock silks and cottons and dyed fabric and Chatelaines and Long Dog and Ink Circles and Swarovski Crystals and delicas. We'd also have knitting and crocheting stuff. And I would sell cool kids toys--not the things you can find in every Target, Walmart and K-mart. I'd like a corner for creative toys: Magnets, puzzles, building blocks in wood, fabric and of course Legos, play food, rag or cloth dolls, train sets, etc. For the most part I'd avoid the plastic character products, but a few would probably slip in (Thomas is kind of necessary, but I don't want the Dora and Diego playsets).

It's a nice little fantasy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home