Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"CraftStore!"

If you read a recent post, that should tell you how my day went. I'm not sure which upset me more: the three year old who was apparently the only person home (according to the coroner with whom I spoke) when her mom OD'd in another state halfway across the country from other relatives and faces familiar to her(there's a conversation you don't have every day) or the attorney who essentially had a nervous breakdown during an attorney conference and accused me of some unethical behavior and also said derogatory things about me to her client (the odd part being that I have never actually ruled against her client since this case began). Really the most upsetting thing was the little girl, but the attorney was the last little straw in a difficult day. I didn't stop for lunch so I didn't have time to re-charge mid-day which made me feel worse.

The Doctor's Office called but since I was dealing with such craziness non-stop today, they closed before I was able to return the call. It likely means that there was a problem with the glucose test. Not a huge deal, I'll just need to go for the longer test and/or change some dietary things (I guess the six cookies I ate when coming off the bench today will not be acceptable in the future--the kid really liked them though...). Worst case it is something with my thyroid, which will only require an increase in my dose, but I'll worry about the possible harm to the baby from my low functioning thyroid until the baby is born. At least I hope that is the worst case--they did some basic blood work too. I'll call tomorrow when they open.

Then the snow and the traffic on the drive home were heavy so I sent Chas and Angie to class tonight without me so that I could decompress a bit.

Yesterday, I finished one of the large herbs in Midi 1 and felt very proud of myself. I was also admiring what I've stitched of the lady's dress and decided that I love it. It looks great! I will try to post some pictures later tonight. Right now, I just want to sit and stitch. Maybe take a few really deep breaths.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/24/2007 7:47 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I would not for the life of me want your job. I really couldn't deal with it. I work for a non-profit that deals with a lot of bad situations and I'm just glad every day that I only hear bits and pieces. THANK YOU for the work you do. I hope you got to relax.

 
At 1/25/2007 9:32 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

That poor child! I'll never understand how some people can be so cruel to innocent children. Hugs to you, and her, and every other poor, neglegected and/or abused child.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home