Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Midi Mini and MX WIPs

Midi 1 is actually too large to fit the scanner so here is a close up of the dress in Midi 1.



The colors look richer in real life and the dress in the Rosewood and Cerise Noir silks just glows. The dress as charted is nice, but I adore my changes. I skipped around quite a bit while stitching this design and didn't complete every part before moving on the next one. I still have a little cross stitching in parts one, three, four and six before I move to the special stitches and beading. I'm enjoying this right now and I'm finding it hard to move back to snow crystal, even though I should just so that I have a nice size finish for January.

Also, since I completely forgot to post my MX wip here (and anywhere else apparently), this is an image of part one which I completed on January 1, 2007.



I save the beads, crystals and special stitches for last in most of my projects. For this one, I'm holding off on some of the backstitching too because it is linked to the special stitches and I have a picture in my head of how I would like them to appear. It's funny because I wasn't sure I would like this design. Having stitched the first part, I love the colors and at least the center of the design.

The only other designs I need to show you are the Tree of Hope, Snow Crystal and JG. I'll try to post them before the end of the month. This weekend will be the Ornament SAL. I have my fabric ready and the designs selected (although I've changed my mind a few times). Now I just need to get the fibers and I'll be ready to stitch!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1/25/2007 12:50 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

Your dress looks so much nicer than my patchworky one! I got stuck at that point and haven't worked on it since. I actually think it's the whole lady that's putting me off so this year I need to frog her for the second time, do parts 5 and 6, and think about what to do with her....

 
At 1/25/2007 8:58 AM, Blogger Angi said...

Okay can I beg your changes ? :) :) Please ? :)
They both look awesome!

 
At 1/25/2007 9:28 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

They both look wonderful! I can't wait until Midi is released as a chart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home