Saturday, January 27, 2007

Full of Sugar and Stitchery

Today was the fun glucose test. It was much more complicated than when I did the three hour test with Angie. They drew blood five times between 8:45 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. By the fourth draw I was feeling a bit lightheaded, but I wasn't allowed to drink or eat anything until after the test was over. We were supposed to run errands afterwards, but neither Angie (who was sleepy and fully prepared to leave Mommy at the hospital rather than pick her up) and I were up for it so home we came.

Between blood collections, I stitched my first ornament and have maybe ten or fifteen minutes left before the stitching is completed. I'll post it on the SAL board when it is done. I've started two other ornaments and want to start another one so we'll see how many I can stitch this weekend. Finishing the designs into ornaments will wait until one of my Finish it or Figures Fridays rolls around. Even if I don't complete Snow Crystal, I'll at least have an ornament finished this month. Hubby isn't reading my blog as often as I thought (or feared) because he didn't realize that I had joined this SAL.

This week's SBQ is one I have been thinking about a lot lately:

What company produces your favorite hand-dyed fabric? Are there any
companies whose hand-dyed fabric you do not like? If so, why?


My favorite is Sugar Maple Fabrics because Mindy has such a nice variety of colors and she is so helpful when I'm trying to select a fabric for a specific project. It's hard for me to pick a favorite color.

Running a close second is Picture This Plus. Their fabrics are lovely but at the moment, they have a much smaller selection than SMF.

In third place is Silkweavers because they at least have Jobelan, my favorite fabric upon which to stitch (Lugana and Jazlyn are nice but they don't compare to Jobelan in my opinion).

Wichelt's hand dyed Jobelans are great. My Tree of Hope is on Blueberry and I have a few other pieces. The color range isn't very wide though. I wish they would put more colors out and I also wish they would put more colors on 32 count while I can still see to stitch upon them.

My least favorite is R & R Reproductions. I used their Heirloom Wisteria for my Grape Threadkeeper and just love it! The drawback is that they use linen which is my least favorite fabric (it feels so scratchy compared to Jobelan).

So I guess the short answer is that I have yet to meet a hand dyed fabric that I didn't like.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1/27/2007 8:37 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I'm so glad your tests went ok and that you got stitching done. I hope you can take it easy tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home