Thursday, January 25, 2007

Have Needles, Will Stitch.

I am ready for the Ornament SAL tomorrow. I've grabbed a pack of needles, pulled the silks and fabric and selected the chart. Now I just need to wait patiently for lunchtime tomorrow so that I can start.

Today I received the Dinky Dyes LE Winter Pack! It is beautiful. I couldn't capture the color of the fabric properly (it's more of a lighter, sparklier blue), but the silks and cottons are close. I love #12 perle and my pack included a skein of Mulberry Ice in #12 perle. Happy Day!



In other, non-stitching, news: My glucose test from Saturday indicates there may be a problem, so I have to take the 3 hour test this Saturday. They were so wonderful and accommodated me because they don't normally do the long test on Saturdays (they are only open for a few hours). I explained that I don't have enough leave to cover maternity leave and they were kind enough to squeeze me in so I can save those precious four hours for the baby.

So Saturday, I will wake up early, get poked, drink more super sugary, fizzy, orange goo, wait an hour, get poked, wait another hour, get poked, and wait yet another hour and get poked again. Fun. I'll be taking some ornaments to stitch of course. With the sugar high, the lack of food, and the constant blood drawing, they will be very simple ornaments.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/26/2007 1:16 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

Oh poor you :( That'll be the pregnancy messing about with your hormones and sugar levels :( Hope it's not too bad.

Love the colours in that pack :)

 
At 1/26/2007 12:33 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

OH yuck about the testing... but the fabric and colors and beautiful. I cannot wait to see your ornament.

 
At 1/26/2007 12:34 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I had to take the 3 hour test with both my pregnancies(only with the second I actually got diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes). Good luck on your test.

I love the colors of threads you got.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home