Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I want to scream.

That is the kind of day, no, the kind of month I have had. I love my job. I hate the bs that goes with it. Every job has bs, I know that. I'm just so tired of the place where I work.

I won't bore you with most of the nonsense from today (or from this month), except for this one bit. Early this month, I asked about coverage for my docket while I am out on maternity leave. I can't give them the date that I am going out on leave because I do not know when the baby will actually be born, but I did provide my boss with my due date and explained that my leave will begin roughly at that time. My intention is to stay at work until I am in labor. I did this for Angie and I've already mentioned that I do not have enough accrued leave to cover even the paltry three months of FMLA.

They have not started scheduling coverage. I have trials set and in cameras to be done prior to trial by the magistrate who will hear my docket. I will likely be out no later than May. They could have at least started covering the May and June dates. The secretary is insisting that I provide a hard date for my leave to start.

I don't think they can insist I start maternity leave until I have the baby.

Grrrr.

So Cathy, Craft Store?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/31/2007 6:30 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

After the day I had shutting down a whorehouse...a craft store looks like a FABULOUS idea. :o)

 
At 2/01/2007 6:44 PM, Blogger Angi said...

*tight hugs* Hope you got to relax!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home