Monday, January 29, 2007

Yes, It's Monday.

I posted my finished ornaments at the SAL blog. I have two more started and have planned to start four or five more at the next SAL. I will not stitch on the ornaments until the next SAL rolls around so that I can focus on my other wips. There are a couple ornaments calling to me, beckoning me to stitch them now, but I can be strong. I'm curious to see how many ornaments I can complete if I stitck to just the SAL.

To Angi and anyone else who is curious. I will happily share my dress "conversion" for Midi 1:

Instead of the Rusty Amber, I used the Cerise Noir.
Instead of the Crimson Wood, I used the Rosewood.

I still haven't decided if I will change the Frosted Auburn to something else, but I'm thinking I will.

Tonight, if I can, I plan to stitch on the Snow Crystal. I'm still optimistic that I can complete it by Wednesday night, but considering I worked through lunch (although I did stop to eat), I'm not sure if that is realistic. The metallic bits can be very tricky and that is most of what I have left. Ah well, life will go on if I don't finish it until next month.

I haven't upgraded this blog to beta, but I've seen a few bloggers posting that they were finally forced to change. I wonder how that will go for me. I actually post this blog with a secret identity because at the time, blogger wouldn't let me use my regular identity. I've upgraded my regular identity for the Christmas SAL, but I haven't bothered with this one yet.

I'm grabbing the six weird things about me from Faye, since it seems to be the meme going around at the moment. For me the difficulty is limiting myself to only six. I'm sure Chas would have several examples of my weirdness, but here is what I could identify:

1. I love Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich with cheese and pickles even when I'm not pregnant. Add cheese and dill pickles to most sandwiches and I'm a happy camper.

2. I love stitching with perle cotton or silk.

3. I once traveled from Cleveland, Ohio to Austin Texas in a rented SUV with four other women to see Russell Crowe perform with his band TOFOG. We were completely exhausted, but we had a great time.

4. I don't like to be late, I must be early, for live performances of any kind because I consider being late for a concert or theater performance to be very rude. I'm completely comfortable with being on time or on the edge of late for most other things in life.

5. I don't believe in "soul mates." I do think that I am incredibly lucky to have my husband and I have serious doubts about the likelihood of finding someone else who would be as good to and for me and who I could love in return. However, I do not believe we were "destined" to be together. I just think that we made very good choices in deciding to build a life with one another.

6. Even a sip of wine can trigger an immediate asthma attack for me. Therefore, although I enjoy the taste of wine, I don't drink it. Champagne is fine. MMMMMMMMM. Better than fine actually. ;oD

Anyone not already tagged can be tagged by me if you so desire.

And in other weirdness, my latest inhaler came with the following warning printed in red upon the box: "IMPORTANT Inhalers like this one are being discontinued due to environmental impact." Seriously? We can't do anything about the pollution from the factories or cars or trucks, and we don't do much to make alternative fuels practical, but my itty-bitty inhaler is being changed to save the environment?

Ummm. Okay. Sure.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 11:04 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I posted pics of the WIP of the Ornament SAL. I love your ornaments. I'm jealous that you are able to get some much done. I'm getting better and quicker.

I hope work isn't too stressful!

 
At 1/30/2007 1:03 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

I love the fact that you can drink champagne but not wine! :)

And if you can't get an asthma inhaler what are you supposed to use?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home