Thursday, February 01, 2007

Yay!

It takes so little to please me some days. Of course little things have annoyed me immensely lately so I guess there is some sort of balance working in my life.

We just returned from the Doctor's office a short while ago. I do not have gestational diabetes so bring on the cake! I am borderline anemic so he is asking me to eat more dark leafy greens and red meat (the meat part pleased Hubby). I guess I'll be getting some beef jerky for midday snacks when we go to the grocery store. Everything looks good right now and I go back in two weeks.

Since it is the first day of the month, Martina released the chart parts for her on-line classes. The second part of MX is gorgeous. I had hoped to stitch on it during lunch, but ended up working through lunch instead. Maybe I can put a few stitches in it tonight. This now gives rise to a small stitching quandary: I planned to work on Midi 1 as part of my Figures Friday plan. I am so close to actually finishing the cross-stitching on Midi that I can feel it. I could work on the special stitches for the rest of this month and in March and actually have my first Chatelaine finish before April. But I desperately want to make some progress on part two of MX this weekend because I am trying to keep up with the class. Perhaps what I will do is stitch MX tonight, stitch on both MX and Midi tomorrow and then focus on MX for the rest of the weekend. It is going to be very cold here this weekend so my plan is to step out for groceries, but mostly just hunker down and stay warm.

My other dilemma is who to root for in the SuperBowl on Sunday. For once the teams I hate are not in the game (Ravens, Broncos and Patriots-sorry Angi [it's all Browns related]) and I actually like both teams playing. I like the Bears, but I'll probably cheer for the Colts since they are in the AFC. At least I will feel good no matter who wins.

Dear Hubby just informed me that the last Harry Potter book is being released in July, so that is another thing to anticipate eagerly. I'm a little afraid to read it though. I'm concerned that some of my favorite characters will die. Of course, I'm completely behind in the Series of Unfortunate Events. I seem to be reading tragic books (I'll post a review of "A Thread of Grace" soon) lately so I should just pick up the last three from the Series and see how the whole "miserable" story ends.

In other good news, we will maybe get to see Cathy and her family soon. It would be good to socialize with people in person, rather than just on the internet. I'm excited to see the new second floor of their home.

In the Bad News/Good News category, my Brother's girlfriend (wife in all but the legal sense) started Chemotherapy today. She has cancer of the lymph nodes and looked very weak at Christmas time. But I think we are all glad they are finally treating it and have abandoned the wait and see approach. I feel for her because we watched one of my Grandfathers die slowly from lung cancer in the late 1970's and early 1980's. Chemo is really tough on the body. In some ways I wish they were bringing her up here for treatment. I'm probably biased but Cleveland really does have one of the best medical centers (maybe two of the best) in the Country. Any good thoughts or prayers for Tina would be much appreciated.

Such is life today. I'm in better spirits than yesterday. We didn't make a lot of progress on our family goals for this year, so hopefully we can make some progress on them this month.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2/02/2007 6:03 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Good news that you don't have gestational diabetes but I'm sorry about Tina. I hope the chemo goes as well as such a thing can and she only has to have one round :(

I'm with you on HP - I'll read it as soon as I can but in some ways I don't want to know as I have a terrible feeling it'll be really sad....

 
At 2/05/2007 9:00 AM, Blogger Angi said...

*grins* Yeah I know all about the Browns/Belichek thing... Truthfully I'm happy the Colts won, they've deserved it, and Tony Dungee thanking God really was amazing after what he's been through! But how can you hate Tom Brady and Tedy Bruschi?? *waggles eyebrows*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home